Friday 29 January 2010

busy busy busy

I can't remember if I posted about this before, but the LGS group has founded a games club now and it's pretty much the same thing but in a pub. They're running a 35 point tournament in the coming months and I'm going to take my Ret to it. Not sure on the list yet but I'll post about that another time.

I've also become addicted to the Shin Megami Tensei MMO and got a puppy this week.. Which isn't exactly a positive thing on all fronts. The puppy's name is Eevee and she's a black labrador, 5 months old and just starting to realise chewing things is entertaining..

But now onto the meat of the post. I picked up a cheap Orc and Goblin army on ebay (aka, I stole it because I paid so little for what I got) and I'm going to be running a build up campaign over the next 6 months, but we're starting at 500 points and going to build up to 2,000 points and I, being the idiot that I am is going to do a Goblin army.

I laid out all the models and took some pictures, all of them (except maybe the night gobbos) will be stripped and repainted or just have the sprue remains removed from them and painted as is in the case of priming. In an ideal world I would clean them up and paint them all to display quality and base them and blah blah blah, but this is a "STFU and play" army. It's going in a carry case and if it gets broken or whatever then it gets duct taped together and done with.

Here are the pictures






The orcs can be ignored, I may include the old shaman but nothing more, I like the idea of a gobbo horde.



I'm not 100% sure on the quality of this but I'm looking at about here. There is shading on the face and shield but nothing more. They can be done in 30 minutes each, which is acceptable. The thing I'm pondering is the teeth, it wouldn't be hard to pick them out and it would increase the quality quite a bit, but messing up would take more time to fix than it's worth, so undecided.

Now back to Shin megami tensei! I'm turning 24 on Sunday and I think I have enough 50 years of life to waste and better get to wasting it in a construtive way!

No comments:

Post a Comment